When I arrived at the Tromso Langnes airport in early March this year, it was about 7pm and snowing. Even though taking a taxi to my hotel Clarion, The Edge located in the city-center of Tromso, would have been more convenient, I went with the cheaper option of the shuttle.
Here are a few things you might want to know about taking the shuttle from the airport to the Tromso city-center:
- I purchased the ticket on board.
- A single ticket cost me NOK 90.
- The driver helped me with loading and unloading my bags.
- It took me about 15 minutes to reach my hotel in the city center.
- Even though this is a great option and works out really cheap, I was not too happy about the driver not dropping me right in front of the hotel. It took me forever to drag my bags over the icy roads and took some excitement away of having arrived in Tromso!
Besides the Flybus or the airport shuttle, there is also the option of taking the city bus (NOK 50 approx.) or a taxi (NOK 200 approx., daytime on weekdays).